Topics

Down Time "Lounge Lizard Foray" Helga { Tillatix, Ella Lovonix, Serenia O'Dai, Any who wants }

Suzanne Hurley

Ensign Helga Speckelman

Chief Engineer
USS Hippocrates NCC-58555

<< Nucleus Lounge, 1845 hours, Day after RI>>

"I'm glad you're doing better." Ella told her with a faint laugh. Sav had obviously enjoyed a drink or two before this. "I think maybe she should call someone else." She said with a light laugh. "How about we get another drink and go enjoy a game of chess in your quarters or something?" Ella would very much enjoy spending some quality time with someone not obsessed with their current change of circumstance.

Sav did not realize Ella thought she had several drinks as her speech patterns slipped into her more natural speech patterns versus the duty crisp Terran she usually did.  She grinned at Ella, liking what she heard, and said, "Yah, maybeh she should.  Spendin' time plahyin' ah game ana talkin' girl stuff sounds sooo much behter thana chattin' wit' consoles ahbout theirun aches an' pains."   Sav stood up and held a hand out to Ella, "Lets un go-go."

Ella took her hand and allowed Sav to pull her to her feet. “So….Sav? I’m really not meaning this in a mean way. But…why is your accent suddenly making you sound like one of those Gongon things from those old Earth movies Michael insists I watch every now and then?”

Sav's eyebrow raised, then she chur-giggled.  She responded, "Ahma relaxin' wich ya, so mah speech isa of Apollonia's swamp dialect, where Ah grew up.  Ah reckon people say it rehminds them of old Cine's of t'e Southern Belles."  She wiggled her ears, "Ita tahkes focus tah always do t'e sharrp annunciahtion ofa standard Terran.   Ifin yah start findin it too hard tah unerstand, Ah'll revert, ayuh.  Justa let me know, ahright?"

TAG Ella

Sav took her glass, and Ella via her hand, up to the bar with Serenia.  Sav grinned to Ella, then returned her gaze to Serenia as she pushed her glass over.  "Say, Serenia, cana Ah getta double reefill, ana sometin' here fer Ella, whatevah sheun chooses, double ahlso?  Ah'm buyin'."

Serenia Gave them both a big smile and poured them both a drink. “I’d be happy to Savina. Anything else you would like?”

Ella shook her head and looked at Sav curiously. “Are you hungry? Maybe we should eat just in case you are called down from Engineering.”

Sav churred lightly and said, "Nope, not at all.  Ah had finished mah meal just befer yah arrived.  Mah drink isa me afteh dinner drink, tis truth."  Then, a scent wafted across her nose to catch her attention.  She turned towards Serenia.

Sav did not look at Serenia pouring the drink, but rather, at her pronounced belly with her pregnancy.  She unconsciously leaned forward a little, her muzzle side lips lifting a little as she sniffed the air, collecting scent markers of Serenia to determine how she was doing in her pregnancy.  Her memories denoting her mom's smells with her younger sister to Serenia's scents, Sav churred gently and asked, "You-un gotta  reeplacement chosen?  Yer gettin' close fer t'e kitlin' tah arrive, ayuh."

“Not quite.” Serenia laughed. “But I’ve certainly gained a lot of weight with this little one. It’s odd to think its been such a short time but we’re hanging in there.”

Ella nodded with pleasure. “Yes, mother and babe are doing just fine. Its going to be a bit longer but at some point we’ll have a little one running around the ship. Have you two decided what you will name your little one?”

“No…we’re still working on that. Saritava perhaps or S’han if it’s a boy. What do you think Sav?”

Sav had a large grin on her face as she nodded to the names.  She answered, "Ah just Lohve the nahmes.  Tis soundin' like Mephe'tian, so tis all good.  Ana ifin a girl, Sar ora Sari isa great nicknames, doncha think?"

TAG Serenia

Sav turned to look at Ella with a questioning eye.  She now asked, "Howevah, yah raise a good point, Ella.  Have YOU had anytin tah eat yet?  Ifin not, grab ah bite anah Ah'll avail meself to the desserts.  Ah mocha cheesecake witha scoop ofa butteh pecann ice cream sounds mahvelous."

TAG Ella

TAG Any if desired

_What the hell?_  Helga looked at her drink thinking someone had drugged her and she was slipping into some psychadelic episode.  _I'm as redneck as anyone but that sounds like the love child of a one tooth banjo player and his sister cousin._  Helga had allowed herself this one weakness.  Alcohol and training didn't really match up for her but after this last mission.  She turned around in her chair a bit.  _Oh, it's that pilot chic.  Hmmm._  She then went back to her drink.

Suzanne Hurley

Dr. Ella Lovonix

[...]

++++++

Ella blinked a little. "I...I'm not sure. Let's see if I can figure it all out...I'll try at least." She hoped that was the correct response.

[...]

Serenia smiled and her entire face lit up. "I'm so excited. Ella says the baby is looking wonderful but we kind of decided to wait on the sex. Old-fashioned, perhaps, but it will be fun to find out, I think."

Sav turned to look at Ella with a questioning eye.  She now asked, "Howevah, yah raise a good point, Ella.  Have YOU had anytin tah eat yet?  Ifin not, grab ah bite anah Ah'll avail meself to the desserts.  Ah mocha cheesecake witha scoop ofa butteh pecann ice cream sounds mahvelous."

++++++

"Cheesecake with ice cream, coming up!" Serenia smiled and glanced at Ella. "You?"

Ella shrugged. "Something with some fruit and maybe some whipped cream. I love whipped cream." She grinned.

Serenia laughed. :"Alright...whipped cream it is." She turned away for a bit as she prepared the snacks. It wasn't long before she had the cheesecake and the fruit in front of them with an elaborate flourish. "There we go! Enjoy."

TAG Any if desired

_What the hell?_  Helga looked at her drink thinking someone had drugged her and she was slipping into some psychadelic episode.  _I'm as redneck as anyone but that sounds like the love child of a one tooth banjo player and his sister cousin._  Helga had allowed herself this one weakness.  Alcohol and training didn't really match up for her but after this last mission.  She turned around in her chair a bit.  _Oh, it's that pilot chic.  Hmmm._  She then went back to her drink.

Ella looked over and saw Helga. "Hey! Helga, come on over and eat naughty food with us."

tag